Sunday, August 12, 2007

Facing skin cancer Salisbury student warns others to protect against dangerous UV rays


Many teens think they are invulnerable to all harm. It is a common misconception which has existed through the ages. . I thought the same when I was a teen. "That will never happen to me because...." That was how I thought and I can be fairly certain it is how most teens still think. What follows the words "because" varies; "because I'm careful", because I'm smarter", "because I've practiced", "because I'm different", because I'm special". Well the truth be known, you are no different than any one else and that is exactly what leaves you so vulnerable to Melanoma. Melanoma strikes anyone, of any age, creed, color and teenagers too. Yes teenagers with Melanoma is also on the rise. Pressures to always look good; image is so important to teens, sending many to tanning salons. Even if they do not go to tanning salons, many teens remain outdoors for long periods of time and do not follow proper skin protection. They tend to bare as much as possible without taking proper precautions, applying and reapplying a good sun lotion.


How do you think Dana Lowe, age 15 felt when she found out she had Melanoma; the deadliest form of skin cancer? An advid softball player spending many hours out doors practicing, and I'll wager she did not regularly apply sun lotion prior to all practices and games. Read her story, and find out how she has adjusted her lifestyle to stay safe, yet continue doing what she loves to do. Click here:http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070812/LIFESTYLE/708120324/1024
(Pictured above is Dana and her mother Donna Lowe)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came
to check it out. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm
bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!

Fantastic blog and brilliant design.

Check out my web blog :: williamson county divorce laws